Login Sign Up

K.J. Noons Stripped of title

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

K.J. Noons Stripped of title

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:08 pm

According to MMAWeekly.com K.J. Noons has been stripped of his title.

“We are stripping KJ of his championship belt for refusing to defend against Diaz,’’ Lappen said. “It’s a very unfortunate situation but we cannot have belt-holders who refuse to fight the top contenders.We want champions who will fight anyone, anytime, anyplace.That’s the mentality all champions should have.

“I feel very bad for KJ because I like him a lot on a personal level and have always thought he could be a big star.He’s charismatic, has a very exciting fighting style and is a top level fighter. So I’m obviously disappointed that he has chosen to take this stance."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/tem ... 3&zoneid=2

Wow.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: K.J. Noons Stripped of title

Postby Gurre » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:42 pm

this is some of the gayest shit I've ever heard
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DiceandSlice » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Well I guess this probably had something to do with the decision.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/tem ... 4&zoneid=4

Not sure how long Elite xc will make it with stuff like this going on.
DiceandSlice
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby fightDR » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:34 am

It's bull shit that it has come to this. Both men are fighters and a rematch would haqve made some good viewing. I am pissed bout it not happening and that K.J noons reputation has taken such a big hit.
Hopefully something will get sorted and these 2 will have their Ultimate Grudge Match...I would pay to see it.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:47 pm

The biggest issue in this whole thing is not with KJ not wanting to fight Diaz, but in the way Elite XC is dealing with the issue. Here is a quick run down on what I saw happening. They hire and sign Noons to two contracts, one for boxing and one for MMA. They throw him in a fight with Diaz hoping to put Diaz over on a great boxer, but Noons cuts and beats down Diaz, who had a shit game plan and got cut up so bad he needed plastic surgery!
Now they have a champ that is supposed to be earning money boxing for them and doing MMA fights, but they had not intension of paying for his Boxing matches and kind of hoped he would lose and they could cut his contract! Noons catches on that he is being paid three times less than the guys they are putting him against and this is because his income would be more for boxing matches....which they are not putting together for him. He holds out hoping they would throw him a boxing match or two and they dont...then they want him to fight Diaz for a third of the amount they will pay Diaz and he is supposed to take it.

Adding fuel to the fire, some stupid duche bag that works for the company starts a mini side war with his agent...not proffessional at all. Then they throw their best WWE moment at them by brining Diaz down to "work" a confrontation with him after he wins a fight and defends his belt.

After all this they are trying to push him to fight a guy that should be working his way back to the belt not getting a belt shot after the way Noons put it to him! I would have done the same thing, but delivered a ripped up and shredded belt back to the head office and told them to eat it or shove it up their ass. Sued the fuckers and then put them out of business. They say they treat their fighters better than say the UFC or Affliction....I call Bull shit on this one. They are ten times worse than the crap UFC and Affliction or Pride could have pulled off and I pray the main TV contract dries up and blows away into a better orgs lap.

Bottom line, the ELITE XC company just fucked a champion in their own company and any moron that signs to fight with them now deserves the fucking over they will get by the shaws and or any other crooked ass promoter under that company umbrella!

I hope Noons signs with Affliction or UFC and goes on to make a shit load of money while idiots like Diaz get screwed over by a shit ass company like Elite XC!!!!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Guillaume » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:30 pm

Wow, I never thought I'd see this. I'm a Diaz fan though and don't feel bad for KJ or anything though.
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kurt » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:45 am

If I got this right the whole problem is money...don't get me wrong all fighters shoudl get paid for the work they do but my personal opinion is that when money gets involved so does politics and that ruins alot of the sport.
ohh my god...I dropped my pants!!
Kurt
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:39 am

I agree, but we have one other issue that we need to look at....who should Noons be fighting. He stated he would fight Diaz for the right money...or he wanted the next guy in line who SHOULD be getting a shot. He beat the piss out of Diaz and looked pretty good at the end of the fight. why take a step back and fight a guy he beat when he could step on and give another guy a shot who SHOULD be getting it. Not only that but Jeremy Lepin or what ever his name is made it personal! If I were an up and coming fighter I would NEVER sign with a company that does that to a fighter and his family!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:01 pm

I just wanted to see Noons Vs. Diaz cos I love grudge matches and think it would be a real good kick ass fight.
I think Noons is a top fighter and is getting screwed but I do like Diaz and hopefully he will start showing some of his MMA skills as well as his running his mouth skills. He is a dick I know but I can't help but quite like the guy.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:03 pm

See, I think Diaz is a great fighter, but crap for MMA. His antics often turn true MMA into some kind of WWE hybrid Wrastling crap. His little brother is not much better. Lets face it MMA will never be main stream till we get rid of trash like them and the guys in ELITE XC who started all this crap.

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:56 am

Kensei wrote:See, I think Diaz is a great fighter, but crap for MMA. His antics often turn true MMA into some kind of WWE hybrid Wrastling crap. His little brother is not much better. Lets face it MMA will never be main stream till we get rid of trash like them and the guys in ELITE XC who started all this crap.

I do actually agree with that, especially with the bull shit that is bringing MMA closer to WWE Wrestling. There is just something about the Diaz Brothers I actually like...They really can be and often are a pair of walking penises but I enjoy watching them fight and find them interesting so as much as this even surprises me say I am actually Fans of the Diaz Brothers. :shock:
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:57 pm

Who f'king cares! Who cares about EliteXC? The belt is practically worthless! What kind of pool are you competing in anyways? Aside from VaGINA Carano, Shields, Cyborg's (only becuase she is one scary lady) that organization will not even make a dent in the history book of MMA - not even a footnote. The org just needs to die! :lol:
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:33 pm

qwerty wrote:Who f'king cares! Who cares about EliteXC? The belt is practically worthless! What kind of pool are you competing in anyways? Aside from VaGINA Carano, Shields, Cyborg's (only becuase she is one scary lady) that organization will not even make a dent in the history book of MMA - not even a footnote. The org just needs to die! :lol:

I agree, Other than making womans MMA a more mainstream MMA catagory and bringing MMA to the cable companies on prime time, like boxing did years ago, the company is very unimportant to MMA. I mean when you look at what the UFC and Pride have done and the level they are at.....Strike Force and Elite XC are the worst examples of MMA...Hell I have more respect for the IFL and a few other smaller companies that have not embarassed the MMA world!

Elite XC must Die!

Kensei

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:45 pm

how many months do you give them then?
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:56 am

Elite had the potential to put on some good cards and be a good MMA show but the corrupt bastards screwed that up and are making MMA into a WWE freak show.
I wouldn't say that Strikeforce are as bad but they definatly need a shake up. They have some good fighters and if they can just keep guys like Misaki, Ishida and Josh Thompson along with a few other good guys they have they could do alright. I actually really enjoyed their 1st ever show...that night they had Clay Guida and Josh Thompson fight in a real amazing fight. It was when they had Frank Shamrock fight Caesar Gracie in a wank main event.

EliteXC 1 out of 10
Strikeforce 4 out of 10, IMO anyway :wink:
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Next

Return to MMA & NHB