Login Sign Up

Rumors for Affliction 3

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

Rumors for Affliction 3

Postby Koulikov » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:53 pm

http://www.mmanews.com/other/Exclusive: ... ion-3.html

Although the second Affliction show is still over a month away, future plans include a third show that will most likely take place in January of February 2009. One fight that Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio is looking at is one that some fans have been talking about for quite some time.

"In terms of fighters we are looking at Jerome LeBanner, he is interested in doing MMA and apparently him and Tim Sylvia have some history between them so that is something that we are looking at right now."

LeBanner has been very critical of Sylvia going back a few years now when he stated that he wanted to fight Sylvia and he did not think Sylvia was any good. He has called the former UFC champ out numerous times in interviews.

"Geronimo" is a fixture in the K-1 kickboxing circuit where he has made a name for himself. He has always been a top contender for the World Grand Prix Championship.

"We are taking things one step at a time but we will see where it all goes." Atencio said of future shows.

Sylvia's stock has dropped quite a bit, losing three of his last four fights albeit being against three of the top heavyweights in the world in Fedor Emelianenko, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Randy Couture.

This fight may not be a headliner fight in the MMA world but for the hardcores out there this is one that has been talked about on and off again for years and could be a big draw in a co-main event slot for the company.

Another fighter that Affliction has been actively pursuing is former Pride star Sergei Kharitonov,

"I would absolutely love to bring Sergei Kharitonov on board. He has had some back injuries that have kept him out of action but I would love to have him. I'm a big fan of Pride."

Kharitonov's last bout came almost a year ago when he KO'd Alistair Overeem in the first round of there former K-1 Heroes (now DREAM) bout
Undertaker
Fedor Emelianenko

The Best of the best

Koulikov
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:03 am

Excellent news man!

Fedor vs. Winner of Josh/AA fight

Sylvia vs. JLB !!!!!!

Sergei vs. loser Josh/AA

Lil Nog vs. Babalu

Vitor vs. TBA

Maayyybbbbe Aleks vs. Rothwell or something if they can work out Aleksander's legal issues.

Id pay BIIIG BUUCKKS for a card like this. Affliction should try to sign Hunto too. That would be huge.
FEDORisGOD

Postby fightDR » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:08 pm

I have got to say that FiG's wishful card would also make my mouth water. Sounds like some awesome fights there. Not just good fighters but well matched up to where some exciting awesome fights could come about.

Like it and will keep my fingers crossed, would be good to see Tim fight a guy who is gonna stand in front of him and KO him. I don't mind big tim but would love to see LeBanner beat him up.
Sounds good and I have to add that I would like them to reschedule the Linland Vs. Belfort fight too as I actually like that match up. Was Pist about Belfort having to pull out.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:32 pm

Uh, Fedor stood right in front of Tim and took his head clean off....what else do you want???

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Koulikov » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:21 pm

I have read that Alexander Emelianenko sill never fight in USA, I dont know what problems he have but his license to fight in USA has been retired.

Also I would like Affliction to sign Cro Cop.
Undertaker
Fedor Emelianenko

The Best of the best

Koulikov
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:01 am

I hope the rumors of Aleks not fighting in US are false. From his latest interview, he said that everything will be straightend out. who knows. I hope he can fight, the US fans woudl love him.
FEDORisGOD

Postby fightDR » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:36 am

Aleks is an awesome fighter and Affliction would be damn lucky to have him on future fight cards. He could really make a big impact in the states so will keep my fingers crossed.

Also FiG I am totally up for your fight card and think Fedor should fight any and all the top HW's just so he can solidify himself as the most dominant HW around hands down. I do think that the winner of AA and Barnett would make that very apparent that he.

There is some real potential for Affliction 3 and I am REALLY looking forward to AA Vs. Barnett too, expect a bad ass fight. with some awesome fights to go along side it.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Return to MMA & NHB