Login Sign Up

UFC EOY 2008 Event *predictions/rumors*

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

Postby fightDR » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 am

Kensie you made some excellent points there in your analysis of the UFC to some of the other brands. Although I think some brands are making some good fights with some good cards, the UFC is just so much better.
I being british do like to see Bisping getting good status in fights and although he wouldn't sell in the states or anywhere else, he is our boy and we will never tire of him...well as long as he wins anyway! As for Chuck he will always have a good following.

The UFC doesn'talways match the fighters up well but then again thats the fighters job to put on a show and give the peope a reason to want them to be on the big stage again, just like Tyson Griffin and Clay Guida. Heart and skill will always impress if you turn up with your A-Game!
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby NovaAngel19 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:21 am

qwerty wrote:Who do you think will be fighting come Dec 27, 2008?

GSP vs. BJ Penn

Wanderlei Silva vs. Chuck Liddell II

Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami - (unlikely to happen in December, but I think I read somewhere that Anderson wanted to fight once more this year after the Cote fight. But the UFC will probably save this one for next year)

FEDORisGOD wrote:Nice try Kensei but those fight cards are fucking garbage.

I agree ... but Florian vs. Huerta should be a pretty good fight. But it seems more like a main event Spike TV fight to me.
conversations kill ...
NovaAngel19
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:39 am

Wait, Kensei so according to you, all the UFC has to do is put on cards just a tad better than the competition is putting out and thats good enough for you?

What ever happened to raising the bar? What ever happened to making a new standard in what a great card is and what it isnt?

Dana doesnt need Randy and Fedor to make "Dream Matches."

Why is Chuck fighting Rashad? Why not a rematch with Jardine? Why is Hammill fighting Franklin? Why not a rematch vs. Bisping which makes the fight exciting AND controvercial?

Why? Ill tell you why. Because UFC doesnt care about pleasing the fans. They care about making their money and protecting guys they can make money off.

=

FUCKING GARBAGE. IF THEIR CARDS ARE ONLY A "LITTLE" BETTER THANT HE COMPETITION's THEN THEY DONT DESERVE TO BE THE #1 ORG IN THE US.

YEa, they are the NBA, but in the NBA we get exciting games every day. UFC puts on garbage 80% of the year.
FEDORisGOD

Postby qwerty » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:59 am

Most other organizations doesn't have the same talent pool that the UFC has. They do the best they can with what they got. UFC has the ability to make dream matchups now. Make it happen!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:06 pm

but it's unrealistic to think we can have dream superstar matches all the time, sometimes the fighters have the potential to make it a memorable match but they don't put it on.
They do hve some dream match ups on most cards, like the bisping Vs. leben main event is surpassed by the dream fight of Machida Vs. thiago Silva, all evens up really.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:12 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:Wait, Kensei so according to you, all the UFC has to do is put on cards just a tad better than the competition is putting out and thats good enough for you?

Wow, thanks for putting words in my mouth...NO that is not what I said....I said they are no worse than others so bitching about their cards alone is kind of biased on your part. I am saying NO ONE is really putting on great cards, no one that will be around in a year....Afflictions cards seem to be to good to be true...

FEDORisGOD wrote:What ever happened to raising the bar? What ever happened to making a new standard in what a great card is and what it isnt?

Grow the frig up....What happened to it? It never ever existed kid...it is a MONEY GAME and the UFC is winning. They will be around in five years for sure and maybe ten. they will be putting on decent cards while others try and topple them, only to bleed money like a Hemophilliac in a razor blade factory, and die quickly! Raise the bar...you are funny...Do you live in a world were "dreams come true" and " if you build it they will come" are not just things of movies but reality....please, you of all people know the "raise the bar" stuff is a joke. If they are making money they put on fights that are entertaining and fun, but mostly they dont blow their whole load in one thrust like a 16 year old on prom night! :wink:

FEDORisGOD wrote:Dana doesnt need Randy and Fedor to make "Dream Matches."

I know that, I was refering to his "dream matches" that he was talking about when he still used that catch phrase.

FEDORisGOD wrote:Why is Chuck fighting Rashad? Why not a rematch with Jardine? Why is Hammill fighting Franklin? Why not a rematch vs. Bisping which makes the fight exciting AND controvercial?

You should have joe silvas job...hell I should have joe silvas job...Why point the finger at the president of the organization over the fight maker? Why not point the finger at the Ferdeitas for not pushing for the better fights, now that one of the Fn brothers is more involved, why not actually attack the owners...Oh, yah...because Dana said "FUCK YOU" one to many times and is the ugly bald face of the UFC. Please, why is he not fighting jardine....because he isnt. Maybe he will fight him next...I dont know. But that is a great set up fight.

FEDORisGOD wrote:Why? Ill tell you why. Because UFC doesnt care about pleasing the fans. They care about making their money and protecting guys they can make money off.

DUH! :? FIG, I like reading your stuff you have a way of stating the obvious! :wink: And I am only poking you to see what else you will say.....I agree with you on almost all your points, I just think we all have to realize that the UFC is a FOR PROFIT business, and one that is doing a damn fine job of hitting their goal of FOR PROFIT! They only care about what we say as long as we pay. ergo, they put on good cards with one or two great cards. But with one fight a month they can not all be diamonds.

FEDORisGOD wrote:FUCKING GARBAGE. IF THEIR CARDS ARE ONLY A "LITTLE" BETTER THANT HE COMPETITION's THEN THEY DONT DESERVE TO BE THE #1 ORG IN THE US.

Now I am confused....So if you are running a race or set of races, and your time is only "just a LITTE BETTER" then the next guy...You dont deserve to be number one.....Interesting! WRONG, but interesting. This statement shows how "anti ufc" you can be. Think about it and tell me...the only response I really want is to this question......

WHY does the UFC have to be "WAY" better than the rest to garner the number one possition? Why does consistantly a little better not make them simply a bit better? Why the double standard?

FEDORisGOD wrote:YEa, they are the NBA, but in the NBA we get exciting games every day. UFC puts on garbage 80% of the year.

As a NBA fan I can tell you that you are full of shit! :wink: The NBA puts on 70% crap match ups. Always has and always will.....take a week end of matches and you get to see that if 10 games are played at least 5 of them are crap squash matches and 2 are games between the worst of the worst! and that is on a good week end.....

My point in all of this is that you are slamming the UFC for having shit cards and sounding very "against" the UFC, but really they are not that bad in the whole mix of things. Are they the Best by far...No! are they the worst?...NO! are they better than everyone?... Most if not all other companies that have had more than three shows (takeing affliction out of the argument) are worse over all to the UFC. They could do much better but calling their card shit and not acknowledging that no one is doing any better is just sounding to much like an attack on them specifically!

Saying that they suck and not saying they suck...and so does everyone else right now just comesa across as bitter and closed minded! Personal agendas aside, they are not that bad and have made some great fights in the last while. They are the face of MMA and the big show for 99.9% of us.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:31 pm

I actually agree with you VERY much Kens, I am not the biggest UFC groupie in the world but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and realise who the daddy is. The fact is they are the biggest and best for top fights...not with every fight but more stacked cards for sure...figers crossed for affliction though after their last showing!!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:17 pm

That is my point exactly. And bitching and complaining about them not being "WAY BETTER" than the rest is silly. Who is the competition for UFC right now?

Affliction
Shooto
DEEP
RITC
K1
DREAM
Elite XC and Sho XC
M1

Outside of UFC not a single one has put on a card with fighters that are close to the level of fighters that the UFC's Mediocre fight cards put up!

Yes, the UFC can get better and YES they should be raising the bar...but why should they...Really, they still have the best show on and they do it monthly. They average out to better shows than the rest. One exception is Affliction and the UFC is not scared of them yet. Why raise the bar to be that much better than a company that has admitted they may not be around for long and whoes second card is already starting to look pretty much like one of your "good" cards.

The UFC does not need to raise the bar anymore...they are at the top and collecting all the money. Give Maybe the rest should have to Raise the bar to make the UFC feel like they have to react at all! But that will not happen...when the IFL changed up they were all ready dead, WEC was failing when they were picked off and before them PRIDE spent money like water and died of hemoraging funds.

Put simply...Telling the Best to get better is kind of silly! Wait till Affliction or some other group actually can challenge the UFC long term and then see if they react!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:23 am

So FAR:

GSP vs. BJ Penn
BigNog vs. Frank Mir
Shogun Rua vs. Rampage
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Previous

Return to MMA & NHB