Login Sign Up

WEC 185 and 205s

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

WEC 185 and 205s

Postby qwerty » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:02 am

WEC 185s and 205s are moving to the UFC - date unknown!

I know they are good friends, but we might just see Filho vs A. Silva in the near future.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:10 am

Well Filho is as much deserving as any MW right now and would probably be a much harder fight than I think Cote is going to be. Sounds interesting in the least.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:49 am

The problem with Silva is no one can face up to him right now other than guys he trains with, and he has been very public about not wanting to face them.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:16 am

Kensei wrote:The problem with Silva is no one can face up to him right now other than guys he trains with, and he has been very public about not wanting to face them.

Unfortunatly also is that he is a good professional in that he comes into every fight trained hungry and VERY well prepared. He wants to keep the belt and until he gets sloppy it might just be that he does. Not that he can't be beaten it's just so bloody hard to see it happening, especially in the MW division. Filho is as good as any right now though so why not.....
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:52 am

The problem is Filho looked horrible against Chael Sonnen. I am not sure he is in the right set of mind...cannot wait for that rematch.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:40 am

qwerty wrote:The problem is Filho looked horrible against Chael Sonnen. I am not sure he is in the right set of mind...cannot wait for that rematch.

He may have not looked his best but he still managed to sub a very skilled wrestler and tough fighter. Filho would give almost every MW a fuck of a fight, maybe even the MW elite guys Andesron Silva, Dan henderson and Rich Franklin so now I think it's time he had his shot. I would much rather see Filho have a crack rather than Cote as I think Filho would beat Cote, and beat him well.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Return to MMA & NHB