Login Sign Up

Forrest Griffin

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby mma fubar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:13 pm

good fight by forrest but i feel like rampage didnt seem as explosive as he normally is, and usually he just has an ability to really control his opponents in standup but he didnt have it here
American Fighter Muay Thai, BJJ, MMA
mma fubar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby The-Next-Big-Thing » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:19 am

i agree, he should have competed in those 9 months, maybe he wouldve been more dynamic
it sucks that he is losing his trainer.
there HAS to be a rematch
*Blood is only red sweat in my game*
The-Next-Big-Thing
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:50 pm

now we may have doubts about rampage. Do you think now he would take Wanderlei?
Do you think Forrest can beat Chuck?
I think Wanderlei would annihilate Forrest. OF course Machida should beat him...
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby ad baculam » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:23 pm

I don't think anyone at 205 will "annihilate" Forrest. There are a few who can beat him, but with wins over shogun and Rampage he is offically for real.
ad baculam
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Rampage would have killed Forrest had he checked a kiick or two. There were numerous times in the fight when Rampage was one follow up shot away from KO'ing Forrest but couldnt catch up because Forrest was back pedaling like Crazy while Page had a hurt leg. Page's wrestling and kick/knee defense went to shit since trainign with Ibarra.
FEDORisGOD

Postby ad baculam » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:17 pm

And if forrest would have held on to the leg during the triangle he could have choked Page out.

But there is no real point in arguing what could have happened.

Could Rampage beat Forrest---yes
Could Forrest beat Rampage again--I think yes, I don't think it's a fluke, he seems to be a solid fighter
ad baculam
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:25 pm

ad baculam wrote:And if forrest would have held on to the leg during the triangle he could have choked Page out.

But there is no real point in arguing what could have happened.

Could Rampage beat Forrest---yes
Could Forrest beat Rampage again--I think yes, I don't think it's a fluke, he seems to be a solid fighter

Letting go of the triangle attempt was one of the smartest things Forrest could have done otherwise he would have gotten slammed on his neck risking life threatning injury. I guess you didn't see the Rampage-Arona fight. That was smart by Forrest, hed be a moron no to let go.

Theres a difference between that and Rampage concentrating on boxing so fucking much that he can no longer wresltle nor check a kick.
FEDORisGOD

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:51 pm

I agree with FiG. Also Page was tiny compared to what he used to be.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:06 am

Page also did not make much use of anything after Forrest nailed his leg. I think it was a great way for forrest to slow down Page and be able to stick and move out of range.....I hate it when someone says the guy was running away or back peddling...Guys he was usinging distance very well. Only one guy I can think of in the last while that "RAN AWAY" and that is Kalib Starns...who apparently ran away with a broken foot ((COUGH COUGH BULL SHIT COUGH COUGH).
Forrest was nailing page, getting a counter pop and moving out of range, but he pushed in right away after that.

Forrest won the fight, I dont really think in my books it was a win. but I am not a judge. I would have seen it more as a split D for Page, but what the hell. Page will go in and test his new style against Wandi and then go for the strap.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:29 pm

IT looked like Rampage didn't know what to do at times... He was just waiting too long. Just compare him fight Forrest vs Eastman, Chuck and Henderson. Rampage was on an offense and that's how he should always fight because he's not too technical. He should charge and use his power.
HE wrestled with Henderson for 5 rounds and he didn't know what to do with Forrest...? I thought I saw some terrified newcomer not the real Rampage.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:59 am

There is no doubt in my mind that on paper Rampage is the better fighter....on paper that is, which as we all know mean sod all.
Griffin had a great game plan and great strategy for beating a guy who everybody thought was a class above him. His game plan and tactics where spot on and i have no doubt that he deserved to win that fight. Griffin showed up with his A game and simply put Rampage did not.

I am so pleased forrest won and so glad i stuck with him even when not a single person agreed with me....Sorry guys had to get that in. I just knew it. Sorry again.
I think he can be a good champ and would do well against Chuck or Rashad, but Machida hell no. will get his ass handed to him, even wandi i think would prob KO him. I dont think for 1 sec that he will be a long time champ but good that the 1st TUF guy to get a belt is Griffin. I am really pleased bout that.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:50 am

On paper the only things that someone can look at is history...problem with history is that it is not always the future....

On paper
Rampage has better:
Wrestling,
Strength
Power,
Agressiveness
Likes to push the pace and the direction of the fight,

On paper Forrest has better:
well he has a good chin...sometimes...
He has a big heart and wont say die.....
he pushes himself till he can not go anylonger.

but the things that you can not count on are Luck (Herring slipped and hirt his ankle when facing Stefo, who she should have killed on the ground) Game plan ( randy beat Tim with game plan and skills, Gonzo beat CC with game plan) ext and so on.

I dont think Forrest is a Better fighter than Rampage, he is as good and on a good day better.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby ad baculam » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:02 am

Fig: "Letting go of the triangle attempt was one of the smartest things Forrest could have done otherwise he would have gotten slammed on his neck risking life threatning injury. I guess you didn't see the Rampage-Arona fight. That was smart by Forrest, hed be a moron no to let go"

I mean the deep underhook on Page's leg. Forrest originally had an underhook on Page's leg that was preventing him from being picked up. If he hadn't let go of that it would have been impossible for Page to slam him. I have seen the arona fight. and the entire time i was screaming "hook the leg."
ad baculam
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby DiceandSlice » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Well what does everone think of forrest now that he beat Rampage and is the LHW champ? I think he always put on a good fight and has lots of heart. Meet the guy too, Cool dude.
DiceandSlice
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:38 pm

Who gets a shot against Forrest next? The winner of Liddell Vs. Evans or winner of Machida Vs. Silva?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters