Login Sign Up

UFC 87 SEEK AND DESTROY - Contains spoilers

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

Postby Tchernobog » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:42 am

So Brock over-celebrated, his excitement in finally silencing all the critics and haters is understandable. Yeah I hate the WWE too, but all the flak Brock is getting is just silly and childish in itself.
Tchernobog
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:39 pm

Personally I just did not like it. The guy has a major future if he can pick up some finishing skills....and I dont want to see that for the next 3 years or so.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:08 am

I do believe he can make some serious noise and make a big difference to the HW division. He just needs to work his ass off in the gym and remember to keep adding to his wrestling and build his skills around his strength.
Lets make the Kongo fight and see how both men fair. will be a good test for them!!!
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:46 am

it is not hard to make a splash in a division that is about as deep as a kiddy pool!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:31 am

Thats actually one of the reasons I believe he will be intersting. Lets be honest he an't exactly make it worse can he :lol:

Don't get me wrong if he was a LHW, I would already be saying time to retire before he gets his ass spanked good and proper!
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:42 am

I agree, but in alot of ways the UFC is not looking to "fix" up the HW division, but instead are distracting us from the mess it is in. Lets face it, in a real HW division guys like Lesnar and Kongo would not be main card after the first ass stamping they get.

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:58 am

Kensei wrote:I agree, but in alot of ways the UFC is not looking to "fix" up the HW division, but instead are distracting us from the mess it is in. Lets face it, in a real HW division guys like Lesnar and Kongo would not be main card after the first ass stamping they get.

Finding it very hard to disagree with that but at the same time Lesner with his past behind him will always get attention and be in the spot light. I am sorry to say that I actually find his MMA career quite interesting, Not saying I am routing for him but am following him quite intensely.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:36 am

fightDR wrote:Finding it very hard to disagree with that but at the same time Lesner with his past behind him will always get attention and be in the spot light. I am sorry to say that I actually find his MMA career quite interesting, Not saying I am routing for him but am following him quite intensely.

Wow, a fighter with "his past behind him" and "always get attention and be in the spot light".......Kimbo...Oh, Brock....No Kimbo....No Brock!

Funny how the UFC diss'd the Elite gang and then goes out and gets a Vanilla Gorilla of their own to counter the Hype Kimbo brings up. Both fighters are Decent enough fighters starting out in MMA and both have the hype...one has a better record and the other a nicer wife....

I dont hate Kimbo or Brock. hell if they were fighting in appropriate places on the card I would actually be rooting for them...well Kimbo more than Brock...but headlining the show (KIMBO) or center stage on the hype waggon (BROCK) is not putting them in the right places. Guys on the under card have more time in and training than the big "gifted" guys. Time to keep it real and Right place them.

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:56 am

I TOTALLY agree that Brock and Kimbo are both over hyped and don't deserve the spot light right now. Brock however does have the pedigree in wrestling to where he could make a real impact in the sport his win over a veteran like Herring proved it.

The Vanilla Gorilla is a Genius name for him Kensie and I find it very funny. I don't like that he hasn't earned his place in the sun and that will always count against him with me but now he is there, there are many HW's I would like to see him beat Kongo from the UFC 100% and Kimbo to if he ever got the chance.
By the way I am not or have I ever been a WWE fan :lol:
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Previous

Return to MMA & NHB