Login Sign Up

UFC 87 SEEK AND DESTROY - Contains spoilers

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

UFC 87 SEEK AND DESTROY - Contains spoilers

Postby qwerty » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:52 pm

Fuck Brock! What an errogant POS! His last ten second display was so classless! I hope someone Knocks the Shit of him... that guy is a beast though! DAMN!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: UFC 87 SEEK AND DESTROY - Contains spoilers

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:59 am

qwerty wrote:Fuck Brock! What an errogant POS! His last ten second display was so classless! I hope someone Knocks the Shit of him... that guy is a beast though! DAMN!

And that interview after "Can you see me now?" Yes, we see a big Blond dick with a dildo on his chest acting like a teen ager that just won a fight with one punch and laying on a fighter for three rounds!

Much respect for his wrestling, but the guy has one punch that lands like an oak tree and then he thinks he is a stiker, he lays on a guy for three rounds doing little damage and thinks he is a god?? His onely skils are his size and power!

And the WWE shit at the end can go away! all I had to say to my wife was....WOW, Now the UFC has a new and blonder version of Kimbo!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby donovan99 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:59 am

At least Kimbo is a humble guy and is willing to trade on standup!
donovan99
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:23 am

You forget that Brock does come from the WWE. That is what he was taught to do. Maybe no one told him there is something called sportsmanship in MMA? I would not knock Brock completely for that. While I did not like watching it, you could see the excitement on Brock's face that he finally silenced all the critics and naysayers.

Give Brock a break, this is his 3rd MMA fight and he is from a sport where doing shenanigans like that are encouraged, if not required.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Koulikov » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:33 am

Brock is great, all people thought that Herring would win very easy with a submission. And Brock destroyed him.
He has no tecnique but he is strong as hell.
The "WWE taunt" is a good thing, people like to see "show".

And please dont compare him with Kimbo, Lesnar would destroy him in 1 minute.
Undertaker
Fedor Emelianenko

The Best of the best

Koulikov
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:54 am

Brock just need to show some class...have some respect for your opponent.

On a side note, Herring looked like he was in great shape for the fight then he got poked in the eye by Dan Miragliotta (too soon can we forget - early stoppage of the Kimbo fight).
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby donovan99 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:51 am

Well - indeed, the presence of Lesnar in the UFC should help clean up the division and help certify some fighters. And, yes I am all for giving Lesnar a few more tune-up fights.
donovan99
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:36 am

I personally like Lesnar's approach to MMA. Give me the best. No cans please. Unlike some other HW in another org...
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:45 pm

Brock looked like a child when he won. Not a good sign!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:17 am

I don't like to see a bad winner and don't like that type of shit really, but FiG is right he won for him a real big fight and got carried away. He is very new to our sport and comes from a place where it's good to run your mouth.

His fight may not have been the highlight of the night but like already said by others, his wrestling skills combined with his strength could be a hell of a combo and if he keeps getting better then trouble ahead for other HW's. Lets just give him some time, although we should remember to take the piss a little too :lol:
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:55 am

I hope he watches the tapes and sees how the other fighters acted and then realizes what an ass he was...problem is guys like him dont see that.

If we wanted to see WWE style crap we would watch Japanese MMA with the fighters dancing out to the ring with a stage show prior to the fight!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:01 am

I'm not saying he should have said and done that but emotion and elation probably got the best of him and I can see that. He should have had a little more class but as for the win gotta give him his credit and say that with the right people he could do something. I would LOVE to see him fight Kongo next.

Maybe he needs some management with how to act out of the cage as well as how to fight in the cage!
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:08 am

He needs a trainer that does not take his "I know best" attitude. Apparently he tells his trainers what he wants to work on and that is all....???

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:13 am

Kensei wrote:He needs a trainer that does not take his "I know best" attitude. Apparently he tells his trainers what he wants to work on and that is all....???

I wasn't aware of that and for his sake and for his health reasons I hope he gets out of that pattern. He needs to get in the gym with trainers who will push him and partners who will beat his ass when they get the chance. The gentle approach will not cut it in this level of mma or any level really!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:30 am

I think Brock is a finisher... the dude is strong with big hands and is quick - he also neutralized Herring. Herring just has heart and knows how to survive - and that is always hard to finish.

Herring doesn't give up. Herring of his 44 fights only been submitted once (Nogueira) and KOed 4 times (1 of those KOs was by cut).
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA & NHB