Login Sign Up

Dan Henderson

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:38 pm

Rich might even be more technical than Hendo but it's really hard to hurt Hendo. I think only Anderson could knock him out if he stood in front of him
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:47 pm

I wouldn't disagree with that but Franklin does have good subs in his arsenol and is not slouch with take down defense either.
Hendo will get him to the ground a few times though and he will also eat a few punches doing it, for me judges decision it's just who racks up more points with strikes or the take downs. I would say Hendo though, just cos he could prob control the fight more on the ground than Rich would on their feet.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Master-Doug » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:41 pm

I think he is not a good fighter at all and Anderson Silva showed him how it is done hahaha
He is too much of a show off
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Hendo not a good fighter? Stop the nonsense kid.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Master-Doug » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:26 pm

wait! HENDO ?
who is that?
I dont get it
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Guillaume » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:29 pm

If you don't know Hendo, gtfo of this thread.
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Master-Doug » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:33 pm

how am i suppose to know that it was his nickname ?
well he is not that good
he WAS back in the day
but now he sucks ass
haha
he should just stop fighting !
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:26 am

Master-Doug wrote:how am i suppose to know that it was his nickname ?
well he is not that good
he WAS back in the day
but now he sucks ass
haha
he should just stop fighting !

Okay, so this is how you get a green belt eh, "master doug" could you do a bit more research and then come back...maybe when you learn abit! Hendo is one of the best MW/LHW fighters in the world, before and today. If you are saying he "sucks Ass" then you pretty much showed us your level of knowledge...drop the "master" part okay Doug!
Last edited by Kensei on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Master-Doug » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:55 am

hahaha okay?
Well that is just my opinion and I really don't think he is all that.

ur saying all this bc ur his fan and wow okay im a " green " belt here ?
That doesn't mean anything MR. BLACK BELT
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:17 am

Master-Doug wrote:hahaha okay?
Well that is just my opinion and I really don't think he is all that.

ur saying all this bc ur his fan and wow okay im a " green " belt here ?
That doesn't mean anything MR. BLACK BELT

First off your opinions are your own and I respect everyones, does not mean I wont challenge them...especially if I dont agree to them or see that they are uneducated thoughts.

Now as for the belt ranks. If you missed my point then you missed it. My "rank here" is because I have been here for a LONG ass time. You however have managed to garner a green belt and soon a new belt based on putting in HUGE ammounts of posts in very little time, with nothing added to the post. Bringing back old dead threads to put three to nine word "updates" on them ext.

I am only critical of newbies that jump in here because you have not been around a long time and your oppinion is seen as a newbie that is unproven. I am not going to dismiss your post as such, but so far....lots of posts and you did not know who Hendo is! Come on man!! Stick around, read and have a good time, study MMA as a fan and not a Newbie TUF guy that knowns nothing about MMA. In time you will get everyones respect for your opinions...even when we dont agree with you :wink:

Kensei

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:14 am

Let's keep this on track before I start editing posts.

Hendo is a great and talented fighter. Was? No, he still is. Did you not watch the Hendo vs. A. Silva fight? I am pretty sure Hendo dominated the first round and then just got caught in the second. That's how it works on their level. Soon as someone makes a mistake the other fighter knows how to capitalize off of it.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:43 am

Dan took the first and then gassed out. Sad to say he needed to keep that kind of pace he did in the first all the way threw the five rounds and he would have won a D.

Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:23 am

Hendo is a great fighter GOW, but he didn't dominate shit against Anderson in the first round. He got a TD and sat in the guard trying to cut off Anderson's air for 5 minutes. Didn't do any sufficient damage with GnP, didn't pass guard, frankly Hendo didn't do shit, pretty much dirty stuff that didn't pay him any dividence later on any way. Hendo is good but he had NOTHING for Anderson except that cheap breath blocking shit.
FEDORisGOD

Postby fightDR » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:48 am

Hendo is awesome. He is a total Pro and if other fighters had his attitude and approach to fighting mma would be better of. He is Easily a top 3 at MW, and top 5 ish prob at LHW. VERY skilled and a real fighter. Watch some of his fights from Pride Doug he was amazing and that wasnt that long ago.
Also if he was that bad why would so many people wnat to train with him including top guys like Randy Courture.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:47 am

Henderson did way more than you think. He was landing those hammer fists to A. Silva's temple. Maybe nothing huge, but he did do it over and over.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters